Monday, May 21, 2012

Alfredo or Panna

This is not as authentic as I would like but since the Mad Cow scare they will no longer import the real Italian Panna that was my first of many loves in Italy.  This recipe was given to me years ago from my sis-in-law.  It is from cdkitchen.com and is called Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce.

1 pint heavy cream
1/4 c butter
2 Tbsp. cream cheese

In a saucepan combine.  Simmer until all is melted and mixed well.

3/4 c Parmesan cheese (NOT CANNED!!!  I buy a large bag of good Parmesan at Costco)
1 tsp. garlic powder (I know, I know this is wrong but it is what the recipe calls for.  I do use fresh as well but the powder works)

Add, simmer for 15-20 minutes on low.

Salt
Pepper

To taste.  Serve immediately. This will separate and curdle so be very careful. It does not like to be re-heated although I do it all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment