Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tiramisu- Missionary Style

6 egg yolks
3/4 c. sugar

Whisk in a medium saucepan

2/3 c. milk

Whisk into egg mixture, cook over medium heat until it boils stirring constantly.  Gently boil for 1 minute.  Cool slightly.  Cover tightly, chill 1 hour.

1 1/4 c. heavy cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Beat til stiff peaks form.

1 lb. mascarpone (warning: not cheap!!!  I found it in the Walmart foreign cheese section. It was more than $3.00 for 1/2 pound)

Whisk into egg mixture until smooth.

2+ c. hot cocoa, room temperature (I made mine from scratch, here is the recipe link: http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/30258/Nestl%C3%A9-Toll-House-Hot-Cocoa/detail.aspx)

2 (3 oz.) pkg. ladyfingers (again I made mine from scratch. here is the link: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ladyfingers/)

Use a 7 x 11 glass pan.  Layer is the following order...
1.  Ladyfingers that have been dipped or dunked in cocoa
2.  Spread 1/2 mascarpone over fingers
3.  Spread 1/2 whipped cream over mascarpone
4. Grate chocolate with potato peeler
Repeat.

Chill 24 hours.  Buon  Appetito!!!

PS Remember I used Pirouette Cookies to line the edges.  This was only for show (and yumminess) it is completely optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment